Ant Pest Control
Do you have a problem with ants in your home or at your place of business?
Pest Control -Astoria, NY, And Surrounding Areas
Identifying an Ant Infestation
Ants are easy to recognize and can be difficult to eliminate once they have invaded a location. Attracted to any form of food, ants will invade and contaminate food supplies quickly. Also, among the many species spread across North America, several types of ants will not only significantly damage a structure in a relatively short length of time, but ants have been known to also cause troublesome health issues as well as being an unsightly nuisance to property owners in Manhattan.
Ants form colonies headed by a queen and her workers. They develop quickly into large nests formed along the openings and crevices of a property. Our pest control experts are trained and experienced to quickly identify any ant species that can threaten the well-being of individuals and the overall structural integrity of your property in Manhattan with a customized pest control program for their quick removal.
The Most Common Types of Ant Infestations
Light brown or red in color, the pharaoh ant is very small in size and often difficult to detect. Nests are usually found in inaccessible areas that are prone to high levels of moisture. Pharaoh ants are capable of spreading bacteria to food supplies and normally require experienced and systematic pest control methods from professionals.
Health Risks From Ants
Ant infestations are also frequently found to be the cause behind various individual health concerns ranging from allergic skin reactions to continuous headaches and abdominal cramps. Consider a consultation with our pest control experts to address unexplained health concerns.
To learn more about ant infestations and how to get eliminate them safely from your location, contact a H2 Environmental Pest Management specialist for a free assessment.
Ant Facts and Tips
- Keep foods tightly sealed and wrapped and clean up any crumbs or spills promptly.
- Keep pet food dishes out only at mealtime.
- Ants leave pheromone trails when foraging for food which allows them to keep track of where they’ve been and ensured that they do not waste time searching the same area.
- Any visible ant trails can be sprayed with vinegar and water, or window cleaner to eliminate pheromone traces which help them organize foraging.
- Caulk and seal any visible cracks and crevices.
- An Ant can lift 20 times its own body weight making it a very persistent and determined pest.
- Some queen ants can live for years and produce literally millions of offspring.
- When the queen dies a colony does not normally survive. Worker ants cannot reproduce.
- A colony will pick up and move quickly if they are severely threatened.